Silver Cross
"Because I made a promise," Shin-Ju said.
"I promise her that I'd be with her...
and help her take the consequences of making her own choices.
Now more than ever, I have to be with her.
I can't break that promise now. I won't.
Promises should be kept no matter what the cost."
-Shin-Ju to Lara (2nd test) -from: One Who Waits by : Mikey


















Notice to Readers:
The articles posted here may be reflective of the author’s thoughts, but it is not a guarantee that those thoughts are still true at this present time.
Just think of yourself in front of the mirror, you see your reflection on a particular time, but that reflection changes as time pass.
Though not all, but it would definitely change. Thoughts change as well, though some remain unchanged.
25.9.06
GoRiLLaZ
GoRiLLaZ - R.M.R-I
(Rei's Music Review - 1st Album)


This is probably one of my favorite bands,.. Gorillaz was the 1st Album I bought way back when I was a fresh man in high school. It was actually sold with its regular price like a newly released album in the market,.. although it has a bonus AVCD with it which contains 4 tracks present in the next album & 3 Music Video tracks that are popular. It was only ate Anne Baylon who can relate to me. ahaha
________________________________________________________________







Gorillaz
Parental Advisory
Explicit Lyrics





_______________________________________________________________



The 1st thing that you'll see the moment you loaded the CD in your PC is a

Macromedia Flash Player,..


geee,.. I was actually surprised when I saw the Flash,..

It was the same cartoon with the Gorillaz,..

At the beginning,.. you'll see a large skull key.
saying,...

"You have now the key to Murdoc's Winnebago"

~what in the hell does that mean?? ahahaha~


Pretty cool neh?



A "click" with the left mouse pointing to the key,..

Then we'll be entering their "house"


at the end,.. is "Murdoc's Wagon"



Not really ordinary for a Music CD right? :D



__________________________________________________



The album itself is pretty cool,..
The Impressive illustrations & the distinctive font really highlighted the originality of Gorillaz. =)



2-D ~ RuSSeL ~ MuRdoC ~ NoOdLe
---> the members of the cartoon band? ahaha


_______________________________________________________



"There's a sweet sensation over the Dub"

Track 1: Re-Hash (3:38)
---> pretty relaxing yet funky track,.. The lyrics are repeating,.. err,.. i remember my baby brother (baby pa siya nun) repeatedly singing this song,.. ahaha. Up to now I'm still wondering what this song means,..hihi




"She turned my Dad on,... "
"She made me kill myself,... C'mon!

Track 2: 5/4 (2:40)
---> the intro is really cool,.. esp. the use of an unusual string instrument (gah i forgot what is it called) Very few lyrics,.. Quite disturbing i guess,.. and it's short too. /swt




"yeah yeah yeah I'll pay when Tomorrow Comes Today,.."
"Don't think I'm all in this world,... Don't think I'll be here too long,.."

Track 3 : Tomorrow Comes Today (3:12)
---> Here is what you can call,.. superb intro,.. it's more than rock,.. impressive beats,.. :D ehehe cool lyrics too,..ahaha This is one of the most popular tracks of Gorillaz,.. :)




"Don't Trust People you Meet,..."
"They might Promise You,..."
"That the River ain't Deep,.."

Track 4 : New Genious (Brother) (3:58)
---> surprising 1st beat,.. a very slow song,.. 2-D's voice can be a lullaby ,..




"I ain't happy, I'm feeling glad"
"I got sunshine,.. In a bag,.."
"I'm useless, but not for long the future is coming on,..."

Track 5 : Clint Eastwood (5:42)
---> As usual, a superb intro with the drums,.. This song probably was the most popular track of Gorillaz. The "cool" voice of 2-D + The rap of Russel + The ever so cute cartoon video with those zombie gorillaz,.. = A total lovable song worth memorizing ,..ahaha




"This is a Breakfast Club"

Track 6: Man Research (Clapper) (4:30)
---> The beat is suited for a dance number that is neither dance nor slow rock,.. ahaha pretty confusing? gee,.. i can almost sleep with 2-D's voice,..ahaha yah yah yah yay! yah yah yay!




"Everybody says I Shoot Up,.."
"But I just tell them to SHUT UP!

Track seven : Punk (1:36)
---> A slow intro,.. then suddenly a "cheering-like" clapper,.. with an electric guitar, a whistle, a snare drum?,.. This is what real punks portray,.. /no1 It's really short too,..




"Graveetee,.. eeeh eeh eeh eey,.. "

Track 8 : Sound Check (Gravity) (4:41)
---> I do love 2-D's voice,.. This song is suited as a background music in a sad yet peaceful ambience,.. *imagining it w/ the video of Wake Me Up When September Ends,..*




"All of which makes me Nervous,.."
"Sometimes Unbearably So,.."

Track 9 : Double Bass (4:45)
---> I barely noticed the lyrics,.. (may lyrics ba ito?!?) this track is focusing on the various sound of bass,.. and it's really enjoyable too,.. Sometimes,.. the music itself speaks all about the song. gee,.. that's why I'm a fan of Classical Music,.. XD




"When the MC Rhymes & the DJs Spin,.."
"I want you to all get down,.."
"Tap your toes & Clap your hands,.."

Track 10 : Rock The House (4:09)
---> Dance intro,.. gaah,.. I think I had too much of the lullaby tracks just earlier,.. ehehe russel's rap is pretty good & it's not like other rappers who would just babble about nonsense things,.. This is also one of the most popular tracks complete with a music video. :)




"The world is spinning too fast,.. I'm buying lead Nike shoes,.."
"Get the cool,.. get the cool Shoe Shine,.."
"Keep a Mild Groove On,.."
"There's a Monkey in the Jungle,.. Watching a Vapour Trail,.."
"Caught up in the conflict between his Brain and his Tail,.."

Track 11 : 19-2000 (3:27)
---> Let's get to the real funky & slightly dance track,..hihi An intro w/ 2-D then a cute chorus of the child-like voice of Noodle,.. This is one of the most popular tracks (again) that has a video with the legendary "geep" & the huge sneezing Moose,.. ahaha




"Que Pasa Contigo"

~Give up IF you want to SURVIVE,... ~

Track 12 : Latin Simone (3:36)
---> yeah,.. this is an unusual track,.. the singer itself is not a member of the Gorillaz? The music is suited as a Mexican or uhh,.. Latin type song,.. :D I can't understand the lyrics,.. :wacko:




"Star Shine,.."
"When You Gonna Find Me"

Track 13 : Star Shine (3:31)
--> more likely a coin intro?,.. then a few strings with the electric guitar,.. uhuh,.. oooh,.. another lullaby from 2-D




"City Life Leave my Soul in deep deep water,..."
"I can't stand your Lonliness"

Track 14 : Slow Country (3:35)
---> Music with the Wind,.. A few keyboards,.. --> Gaah I love the keyboards,.. ^__^ 2-D should be a ballad singer,.. ahaha As expected repeated lyrics,.. & waah,.. very few lyrics,.. (pero galing naman BGM,.. ;) )




"Helloooooo,.. Is Anyone There????"
~echoes~
"M1A1 a thousand miles an hour,..."
~ lah lah lah lah lah lah lah lah lah hey! ~

Track 15 : M1A1 (10:42)
--> More likely a movie track,.. from really slow to,.. a fast beating electric gutars & drums,.. *imagining James Bond's chase in 007"*
this song stopped at approximately 3:49 min. & I'm still wondering why is this track so long,.. /swt


then I waited,...



I waited,...




when the time indicated,.. 6:10 min,.. another song was played,..

This wasn't included in the track listings at the back of the CD,..




"Free my Motion,.. Free My Motion,.."

Track 13B : Clint Eastwood,.. (remix)
--> this track is a bonus track i guess,.. ahaha It is more of rap,.. & fast beats,.. Ideal for Dance Contests,.. (promise!!!) This is actually my favorite song in this album,.. ahaha I'm still wondering how the Gorillaz managed to create a song which is a dance & rap that is tolerable and a bit mild,..??? It's too far from the rap of Eminen & the dance tracks of Black Eyed Peas,.. WAAH,.. I really love 2-D's voice =P




BONUS AVCD,..


Track 1 : 12D3 (3:27)
---> I think I can only hear the lyrics saying "12D3" ahaha,.. Gee,.. I love the keyboards,.. Ohh,. another love song from 2-D?


Track 2 : Dracula (4:45)
---> There are murmurs at the beggining & then the lyrics describes about a typical Dracula,..

"Everybody party time,..some of us will never sleep again,.."

gaah,.. i can't barely hear the lyrics,.. XD,.. Dracula lang naririnig kong lyrics eh,..ahaha


Track 3 : Left Hand Suzuki Method
---> Coffee intro,.. ahaha then a really creepy banging sound,.. heavy,.. ROCK,.. but,.. then suddenly a female recites a poem?! Gaawwd,.. I love the violin,.. violin ba yun? heavy banging sounds with a violin? grabe pwede pala yun,.. err,.. si Noodle pala yung kumakanta,..


Left hand Suzuki Method lyrics:

(Noodles speaking Japanese)

The most important thing, is to listen to a recording of the music.
It makes them gain a...um...musical sense,
and gets to the point of...fast progresss.

(Violin solo)
(More Japanese)

And also....every day....every lesson.
We have to make sure they're not lying about,tunization.

(Violin solo)


---> halata bang favorite ko?hihihi


Track 4 : Hip Albatross
--> alternate title: The Sounder,.. Ang dami kasing murmurs eh,.. tapos feel ko ang lungkot ng kanta,.. as in may naghihingalong Albatross,.. haay,.. another lullaby of 2-D,.. *drops dead*



The 3 other tracks are the Music Videos of Tomorrow Comes Today, Clint Eastwood, & 19-2000



a/n This is a personal review of Rei,.. I know everybody has their own opinion,.. I'm not a musician,.. or a Music critic,.. but I do love Gorillaz,.. :) I'll include the source links some other time,..
I was,..
Once a child
Born under the year of the Snake,


I am,..
Living in this world



I will,..
Die Sooner
or Later
More of Myself,..
Silver Cross I
Live Journal
Friendster Profile
Moso't Mosa
LiuReiYi

your thoughts,.. in words,..

Watch this Movie!
There She Is!!
There She Is!! Step 2
Wanted: FS Priestess - Opening Video
RagnaCrap!
A Tribute
Four Seasons - Prequel
The God Protocol - Opening Video

No regrets reading these:

RO fanfiction (series)
One Who Waits
One Who Waits II
Popoy in Midgard
Kafra Chronicles
GAH! Accursed Edit Restriction
The God Protocol
Pecopeco Ikimasu
Project Four Play
Laro ng Pag-ibig
Midgard Congress
Paano Kung Mahal Kita...

RO fanfic (finished series)
Wanted:Full-Support Priestess
Chiksilog Confessions
Imposible
Second Glance
Pagbabago
Ang Alamat ni Pritong Kandule

RO fanfiction (short series)
Hot Chocolate Confessions

RO fanfic (finished short series)
Conversations
Chat Logs

RO fanfiction (one-shot)
Four Seasons
A Girl's Diary
Rainfall
The Red Haired Terror
A Thousand Cranes
Ragnarok Ghost Stories

Favorite Blogs
Public Static
Mashed Potatoes
Philippine Rabbit
Kisses
Oniichan's Thoughts
Blue Phoenix

Friends,..^^,
Camille
Mae
Mae Ann
Dorothy
Roxanne
kuya Roland
Francis

Archives.

Credits.
Brushes
Layout
Ragnarok Online
Ragnaboards
PhotoBucket
YouTube
Friendster
Site Meter
Somebody read my Diary?! @_@

Free Web Counter
Free Counter
:+:Frayed Ends of Sanity:+: