Silver Cross
"Because I made a promise," Shin-Ju said.
"I promise her that I'd be with her...
and help her take the consequences of making her own choices.
Now more than ever, I have to be with her.
I can't break that promise now. I won't.
Promises should be kept no matter what the cost."
-Shin-Ju to Lara (2nd test) -from: One Who Waits by : Mikey


















Notice to Readers:
The articles posted here may be reflective of the author’s thoughts, but it is not a guarantee that those thoughts are still true at this present time.
Just think of yourself in front of the mirror, you see your reflection on a particular time, but that reflection changes as time pass.
Though not all, but it would definitely change. Thoughts change as well, though some remain unchanged.
18.3.11
On Receipts & Invoices

D.N. entry last Feb. 11, 2011

WARNING: Contains rantings that would affect sensitive people or organizations esp. to some issues. This is based on actual experiences, actual names are not mentioned since I'm still civilized.

Receipt - A written acknowledgment that a specified article or sum of money has been received as an exchange for goods or services.

Invoice - A commercial document issued by a seller to the buyer, indicating the products, quantities, and agreed prices for products or services the seller has provided the buyer.

Since high school, I got an unusual tendency to keep receipts, invoices, or other memorabilia stuffs. Maybe it is because I usually love to remember the past, and it is funny to think that I bought that particular item. Out of necessity or impulse I guess.

I think I developed this tendency to keep source documents, [Source documents are a critical part of an audit trail for establishing the authenticity, and tracing the history, of a transaction.] because of my mom. She is really good when it comes to assuming costs, esp. expenses. At my young age, we were obliged to make a list of expenses from the money she gave.

For example, when I and my sis were having our TKD lessons in Pasong Tamo way back 8 years ago [I guess]. We would usually take a cab on our way there and when we go home. We would eat at "Hungry Hippo," and drink a random coffee at Starbucks everyday. [Damn, I thought I never did that]. We were given an allowance and we would prepare a list of expenses based from our receipts. We are a bit limited with what she gives us. That is when my dad would secretly gives us money. Translation: This wouldn't need a liquidation report. [Definition pending]

Until now, I still find it hard to throw away those source documents even if I don't need it for my mom. I learned to demand receipts as well! It was then on my senior year, that I learned in my subject Auditing Theory and Auditing Problems on the topic Internal Control [Internal Control are Systematic measures (such as reviews, checks and balances, methods and procedures) instituted by an organization...] that those source documents play a vital role not only in embezzlement cases, but also in nonpayment of tax.

Simply said, no receipts means No recorded transaction = As if no sale took place = Money is pocketed by the cashier = No tax to compute since there was [as if] no transaction.


STORY 01 - "The Pandesal"

One of my many unforgettable experiences was when I was asked to buy our all-time favorite bread, "Pandesal" at a nearby bakeshop. Although, I really love bread in general, but that is saved for another article. As I paid for the bread, I noticed that they had a price increase already. The cashier also affirmed that. After I was given my change, I noticed that I don't have my receipt. ( I need this since my mom knows the old price as well) I asked her about it, and she gave me a surprised look that turned into a dismay after she pressed a few buttons to the cash register.

Translation: She entered my transaction just after I actually paid for it!

Realization: That cashier is definitely not recording all sales.

The boss would be looking at an understated sales for that day. [Understate - to enter in an account a figure that is lower than the actual figure]

Follow up: My mom went home one day, complaining about the cashier in that bakeshop.

The reason: The cashier didn't issue a receipt.

Bottom line: The cashier actually pocketed the money paid by the customers. Poor Boss.

Follow up 2: Just a few days ago, my mom complained again about that cashier. She even saw the cash register with just a few money in it. *sighs to the boss*


STORY 02 - "The Fast food chain"

Another instance was when we ate/ bought food from a local fast food chain. We bought the food for our other office mates as well when we realized that we were not given our receipt.

Bottom line: It's hard to remember how much each food costs!

Follow up: Me & my sis ate there again, when I paid for our food (but she had to deal with the cashier). When she was paying for her food to me after we ate, I realized that she didn't demand for the receipt. *woops*

STORY 03 - "The Drink"

A worse scenario took place when I went to a widely known convenience store. I bought my favorite drink. (Favorite as in I would buy it whenever I have a class) After I was given my change, I went to the nearby seat to fix my wallet. I realized that she did not give me the receipt. *yawns* I suddenly approached her and asked for it, when she replied in an irritated tone,

"Ano po ba binili niyo?" "Dapat kanina niyo pa sinabi."

Translation: "What did you buy?" "You should have informed me earlier."

Good thing I was in a good mood (Since I was really early for my class) that I replied telling her only the drink I bought. She handed me my crumpled receipt fresh from the plastic bag beside her.

Conclusion: So her tendency was to throw every receipt straight to the bag! Very Nice! [sarcasm]

I went out of the store staring at her intently, memorizing her face. I did not gave her a bad stare. I just stared at her intently. If I wasn't in a good mood, I could have mocked her that a receipt was supposedly given to the customer [SOP] and not to be thrown in a plastic bag! She even posed an accusing attitude that I was wrong since I didn't inform her earlier? Damn! Should I really inform her about her duties? And besides, I asked her about my receipt roughly almost a minute ago. Is that too long?

The main reason why I demanded for my receipt: The drink I bought includes a special promo where you could win, a free fitness first membership [I guess] , a Php 3,000 worh of FC for "The Spa," [I like this] a trip to Boracay, and more. Imagine, I have almose 5 entries per week? I should win! Haha.

Hmm.. The next time she'll do this to me, I'll surely inform her manager *Evil Lyra*


STORY 04 - "The Original Book"

As of this moment, the worst thing that happened to me with this issue was when I bought books in a particularly well known [if not the only known] review school for some people. The first instance was when a woman gave me the books and handed me my change. I demanded my receipt (of course) after that since I'll be preparing a liquidation report for my mom. As usual, I got a deep stare and she was angrily writing at an OR slip in triplicate (I guess). She handed me the original copy that almost fell since she seemingly thrown it from the window. I shrugged off that feeling when I decided to come back a week later to purchase more books.

This time, an old man attended to me. He was like irritated by the students already when he finally let me buy the books, after making me wait for an hour and a half just to find out that he was scheduled to finish his crossword puzzle in the newspaper. As usual, he did not give me a receipt. I waited for the other students to finish their inquiries before I asked him for it. To my surprise, I got the worst answer I got far from what I imagined. In an irritating tone that could be translated that I should go away, he told me:

"Ay! Hindi kami nagbibigay ng resibo dito."

Translation: "We do not issue receipts here."

Me? I was so surprised that I gave a reply, "Ah, Okay."

Then I went home.


Why am I [so] over reacting: I purposely bought those books there since I wanted to abide with the rules and ethics of my future profession. I could have bought those books in Recto where an exact copy were sold there at half the price. I did not do it since I wanted to give them the Royalties. [Royalties is the share paid to a writer or composer out of the proceeds resulting from the sale or performance of his or her work] To my greatest dismay, It turned out that I'm giving royalties to the richest people that does not even pay tax properly.

How did I came to conclude that? Who will guess that I bought those books? An honest accountant? Will my almost Php 2,000 worth of books significantly influence the tax they will pay? Yeah, it is indeed immaterial! [Of no importance or relevance; inconsequential or irrelevant.] How about those other Php 2,000 worth of books bought by other students? I wonder how many are they. Still immaterial? *raises eyebrow*

A reason that the taxes that would be paid would just go to "corrupt" officials is the lamest excuse that could possibly thrown to me. So, will you join their club in doing your petty illegal matters knowing that everybody's doing it? What a small brain indeed. *sighs* I'm just overly happy that I did not decide to attend my review classes there.

Final Reminder: Demand your right, Demand for your receipt.

*Rantings turned off*
I was,..
Once a child
Born under the year of the Snake,


I am,..
Living in this world



I will,..
Die Sooner
or Later
More of Myself,..
Silver Cross I
Live Journal
Friendster Profile
Moso't Mosa
LiuReiYi

your thoughts,.. in words,..

Watch this Movie!
There She Is!!
There She Is!! Step 2
Wanted: FS Priestess - Opening Video
RagnaCrap!
A Tribute
Four Seasons - Prequel
The God Protocol - Opening Video

No regrets reading these:

RO fanfiction (series)
One Who Waits
One Who Waits II
Popoy in Midgard
Kafra Chronicles
GAH! Accursed Edit Restriction
The God Protocol
Pecopeco Ikimasu
Project Four Play
Laro ng Pag-ibig
Midgard Congress
Paano Kung Mahal Kita...

RO fanfic (finished series)
Wanted:Full-Support Priestess
Chiksilog Confessions
Imposible
Second Glance
Pagbabago
Ang Alamat ni Pritong Kandule

RO fanfiction (short series)
Hot Chocolate Confessions

RO fanfic (finished short series)
Conversations
Chat Logs

RO fanfiction (one-shot)
Four Seasons
A Girl's Diary
Rainfall
The Red Haired Terror
A Thousand Cranes
Ragnarok Ghost Stories

Favorite Blogs
Public Static
Mashed Potatoes
Philippine Rabbit
Kisses
Oniichan's Thoughts
Blue Phoenix

Friends,..^^,
Camille
Mae
Mae Ann
Dorothy
Roxanne
kuya Roland
Francis

Archives.

Credits.
Brushes
Layout
Ragnarok Online
Ragnaboards
PhotoBucket
YouTube
Friendster
Site Meter
Somebody read my Diary?! @_@

Free Web Counter
Free Counter
:+:Frayed Ends of Sanity:+: