Silver Cross
"Because I made a promise," Shin-Ju said.
"I promise her that I'd be with her...
and help her take the consequences of making her own choices.
Now more than ever, I have to be with her.
I can't break that promise now. I won't.
Promises should be kept no matter what the cost."
-Shin-Ju to Lara (2nd test) -from: One Who Waits by : Mikey


















Notice to Readers:
The articles posted here may be reflective of the author’s thoughts, but it is not a guarantee that those thoughts are still true at this present time.
Just think of yourself in front of the mirror, you see your reflection on a particular time, but that reflection changes as time pass.
Though not all, but it would definitely change. Thoughts change as well, though some remain unchanged.
20.3.11
S*B* [Coffee] Tambay


D.N. Entry last March 16,2011

Due to insistent and consistent demand of 'Prince,' [Prince Charming, or Prince Caspian, or Frog Prince.. haha] I finally decided to write this article. I know you wouldn't like it. :P

WARNING: This is another rant post. So, if you disagree on some parts, might as well comment or forever hold your peace.


I can attest that I'm a coffee drinker. It is rooted since I was in high school esp. during my senior year that I almost depended on coffee. Those were the times that I learned to stay until the wee hours of the night just to play Ragnarok or surf the net. My day at school would just be zombie-like if I didn't have my coffee in the morning.

There are a couple of times that I became coffee-dependent. I even have coffee's withdrawal symptoms from time to tome. Good thing I was able to manage my "coffee" again.

Contrary to that, I was never fond of Coffee shops esp. the well-known S*B* Coffee, [I'd refer that to SBC from now on] particularly, the environment and the community there. I'm not discriminating in any way, in fact, if you are like me who goes to SBC like any other customer in a restaurant who orders a drink, or eat at a usual pace then leave as courtesy to other customers, then you wouldn't bother hating me because of this article. /:)

Why I hate the community?

1. SBC & I suppose other shops like those became a ground for people who just brag about "social status." Indeed, a regular drink there cost a fortune to some, but then, would your status really alleviate after drinking a Grande Frappe?

2. I can't really help myself from laughing after seeing [through the glass walls] customers sitting side by side using their laptop just to surf the internet! Gosh, they can't even afford to have internet at home or even that flash drive-like internet hype today? [Whatever you call that]

Side note: I might do this as well, If I'm on a serious top secret mission (i.e. to hack something or whatever) . I would use the net at the farthest branch that I could be. My IP address would be detected I guess, but not my location at home! *evil grin*

3. Then there are a lot of people who flash gadgets. Seriously, we all know if we are really using a gadget or if we are merely flaunting it right?

4. The word "Coffee" is often attached to their stores, but where is the coffee when all that I could see is the air-like bubble thing in Frappes? Then you would mix a lot of things just to conceal the taste of coffee? How in the world could you objectively appreciate the varieties of coffee when you can't even appreciate it on its very original brew?

5. The worst among the reasons I cited I think is STUDYing in a coffee shop. esp. when it is crowded. Although I think both cases apply. So there, you can't study at home, (I suppose you don't have a study table) or if you are studying in groups, perhaps you don't have a good library in your school. Or maybe, you just want to flaunt in a coffee shop. Seriously, where is your brain thinking about a simple courtesy to other people when you have consumed 3 hours sitting there when other customers should have used that place?


I don't really hate SBC or other coffee shops, in fact, I am fascinated about their strategy on how they drag cutomers for their own benefit even if they are pricing their goods in a high price. Unfortunately, they also sacrifice a lot by acquiring more seats and store area just to accommodate those customers who overstays.

My challenge: SBC et al. should open a branch where there are many people.. (e.g. University Belt!) but to save on costs, (while acquiring a bunch of customers as well) they should make it like a "Zagu" or shake outlet setting - Where you would just order and wait for your name to be called. Then the customers (or students at U-belt) would just flaunt it in their school. Show off your Venti! *evil grin* Don't you love Coffee?

Before I end this article, I would just like to say that I gave SBC a "chance." To provide justification about my rants, I even tried almost all of the drinks, cakes, cookies, etc. I even got their 2011 (Red) Velvet Planner! Imagine, I started on the very first day (Nov. 3, 2010) and I got my planner even before the month ended. What is so cool about the planner? Nothing. It is just another by product of reason #1 I provided above. I found a lot of good planners with an impressive content at a cost farther than what I actually spent just to acquire it.

To be objective on my critic, below are the pictures of the drinks I had. I opted to have frappes since they are the favorite of the community. I made a separate review on every flavor. But then I'm lazy to write it here.

Bottom line: I'm not really impressed. Nothing beats the original aroma and taste of black coffee. [Okay I would add a little sugar then] Mmmmm....

Next on my list: Alamid Coffee ~ I'd buy you soon! >:)











I was,..
Once a child
Born under the year of the Snake,


I am,..
Living in this world



I will,..
Die Sooner
or Later
More of Myself,..
Silver Cross I
Live Journal
Friendster Profile
Moso't Mosa
LiuReiYi

your thoughts,.. in words,..

Watch this Movie!
There She Is!!
There She Is!! Step 2
Wanted: FS Priestess - Opening Video
RagnaCrap!
A Tribute
Four Seasons - Prequel
The God Protocol - Opening Video

No regrets reading these:

RO fanfiction (series)
One Who Waits
One Who Waits II
Popoy in Midgard
Kafra Chronicles
GAH! Accursed Edit Restriction
The God Protocol
Pecopeco Ikimasu
Project Four Play
Laro ng Pag-ibig
Midgard Congress
Paano Kung Mahal Kita...

RO fanfic (finished series)
Wanted:Full-Support Priestess
Chiksilog Confessions
Imposible
Second Glance
Pagbabago
Ang Alamat ni Pritong Kandule

RO fanfiction (short series)
Hot Chocolate Confessions

RO fanfic (finished short series)
Conversations
Chat Logs

RO fanfiction (one-shot)
Four Seasons
A Girl's Diary
Rainfall
The Red Haired Terror
A Thousand Cranes
Ragnarok Ghost Stories

Favorite Blogs
Public Static
Mashed Potatoes
Philippine Rabbit
Kisses
Oniichan's Thoughts
Blue Phoenix

Friends,..^^,
Camille
Mae
Mae Ann
Dorothy
Roxanne
kuya Roland
Francis

Archives.

Credits.
Brushes
Layout
Ragnarok Online
Ragnaboards
PhotoBucket
YouTube
Friendster
Site Meter
Somebody read my Diary?! @_@

Free Web Counter
Free Counter
:+:Frayed Ends of Sanity:+: